Booking & Cancellation Policies
All services booked through Stonewell Cottages are subject to the following policies which will be enforced in all circumstances. You will be required to provide credit card details as security.
As a very small boutique accommodation business, late cancellations often result in an empty cottage which has a significant impact on our business. The booking and cancellation policies stated here, will apply in all situations. Therefore travel insurance is strongly recommended for all bookings to provide adequate protection against unforeseen circumstances and cancellation of travel.
- The quickest and easiest way to book your stay with us is by booking direct online via our secure online booking system You will get instant confirmation and best available rates. Online bookings require full payment with credit card at the time of booking. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Amex. There is a 3% credit card surcharge if you wish to use Amex (no surcharge for Mastercard and Visa)
- Alternatively you can make a booking over the phone by calling Stonewell Cottages Reservations
Phone 08 85 628 628 (if calling from overseas dial +61 8 85 628 628)
Mobile/Cell Phone 0417 848 97 (from overseas dial +61 417 848 977)
A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking which can be paid with credit card or via bank transfer. Final balance payment is then due 30 days prior to arrival date; failure to arrange payment will result in cancellation of booking. For bookings made within 30 days of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking. Note: To book a stay on our last minute rates or special rates using a Promo Code, you need to make your booking online to get these rates.
- Cancellations notified more than 30 days prior to arrival date will be entitled to a refund of money paid less a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations notified less than 30 days prior to arrival date will forfeit the full amount paid.
- When a booking has been made less than 30 days prior to arrival date and cancelled the full amount paid will be forfeited.
- “No shows” – if you do not arrive and/or stay for the entire number of nights that have been booked no refund will be given.
- Any date changes must be made more than 30 days prior to arrival date and incur a $25 fee per change.
- Date changes cannot be made within 30 days of arrival. Such date change requests cannot be granted and the booking will be treated as a cancellation.
Minimum stay booking policy
- A minimum 2 night stay is required mid week and weekends.
- A minimum 3 night stay is required on all long weekends.
- Where a 1 night gap between bookings arises, a 1 night stay will be available to book. 1 night stays are subject to availability.
- It is our aim to provide a peaceful escape for couples, looking to spend time out together to relax and recharge. Stonewell Cottages is not a family holiday destination.
- The close proximity of the lake to the cottages and the use of farm machinery used around the property, as you are staying on a working vineyard, presents safety issues for children. Therefore, children older than 12 months and younger than 12 years at the time of stay cannot be accommodated.
- By special request, before proceeding with a booking, children 12yrs and older and infants less than 12mths at the time of stay can be accommodated in the Hideaway Cottage only, at the discretion of the Manager. You must contact us to discuss this prior to proceeding with a booking.
- Infants less than 12 months of age at the time of stay are charged @ $25 per stay (cot provided in second bedroom)
- Children 12 years and older at the time of stay are charged @ full adult per night rate with use of second bedroom.
- Children and infants cannot be accommodated in the Haven Spa Retreats or Cupid’s Cottage.
- Visitors of paying guests are strictly not permitted to bring their children on site.
Excess cleaning and damages
- Smoking – permitted outdoors only. A min cleaning surcharge of $50 will apply if guests smoke inside.
- Excess cleaning – It is the guests’ responsibility on departure to leave the cottage tidy and in a respectable condition. Your cottage is prepared with meticulous attention to detail. We ask you to treat our property with care and show respect for our guest services staff. If extra cleaning is necessary a minimum charge of $50 will apply.
- Damages – Any breakages or damages to goods and property is the guests’ responsibility to pay for on departure.
- Wood fires – Sufficient wood is supplied for the duration of your stay. For safety reasons, wood fires are not in use during the total fire ban season 1 Nov – 30 April. Read more …
- Due to our high occupancy, departure is strictly by 11am to allow adequate time to prepare for incoming guests. If our guest services staff are kept waiting due to late departure (where a late check-out has not been pre-arranged, prior to arrival) a charge of $50 per hour (or part thereof) will apply.
- Early check-in / late check-out can be requested prior to arrival and is subject to availability and is charged @ $20/hr.
- Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards is a private property. The use of the grounds and retreats/cottages are for the number of booked and paying guests only.
- There are no roll-away beds/sofa beds available in any of the retreats or cottages.
- Standard rate for Hideaway is based on 2 persons staying with the use of 1 bedroom only – the second bedroom will be locked. If you wish to make use of both bedrooms and have booked for just one couple or 2 single people you will need to advise us that you require both bedrooms – in this case a $25 per stay surcharge applies.
- Three & four person rates apply for the Hideaway and must be booked accordingly before arrival. Max occupancy is 4 people – extra person rate is @ $55 per person per nt. (please also refer to children policy above)
Group bookings, weddings, parties, events
- Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards is a privately owned property. When an accommodation booking is made, the use of the retreats/cottages and grounds is for the number of booked and paying guests only.
- Permission for the use of the property for wedding groups, family groups or friends groups must be requested and granted by Management, prior to making the accommodation booking.
- Management reserves the right to determine the appropriate use of the grounds and to request all persons abide by the conditions set out.
- Wedding ceremonies, commitment ceremonies, wedding receptions, pre/post wedding gatherings; or any other party, event or function cannot be held or catered for on our property.
- If you wish to use the property for wedding photos, and/or a place for the bridal party and other persons to get ready before the ceremony, at least both the Haven Spa Retreats and the Hideaway must be booked by the bridal couple/wedding group. An extra service fee of $100 applies to the Hideaway Cottage.
- We require you to show respect and care for our property. It is the guests’ responsibility on departure to leave the cottage tidy and in a respectable condition. While we understand that accidents can happen, Guests must notify Management of such incidents prior to their departure.
- A $300 Bond is payable for each room booked as security to cover any costs incurred due to any breakage; damage; loss; misuse; lack of due care; excess cleaning requirements. The Bond will be charged to your credit card on arrival day. Upon departure and inspection of property by Management, Bond is refunded within 5 working days.
- Guests are strictly NOT permitted to bring their pets to stay inside the retreats/cottages or anywhere on the grounds.