It's the little things that make a big difference...
From the moment you step through the door, you will find everything you need to enjoy your stay at Stonewell Cottages. It is all the little extras that have helped us gain such a great reputation. We take care of the details, both big and small - so you can simply sit back, relax and enjoy your stay.
Generous breakfast provisions, using fresh local artisan produce, are provided in your suite or cottage for self preparation breakfasts.
- Apex Bakery bread
- Schulz Butcher traditional double smoked bacon
- Free range eggs
- Homemade tomato chutney
- Barossa Valley Cheese Company Halloumi
- Selection of cereals including Fleming and Ware handmade organic cereals – Au Naturale Muesli, Winter Warmer Porridge
- Orange juice
- Jersey Fresh milk
- Moo Premium Yoghurts
- Fresh fruit
- Beerenberg Family Farm Jams
- Condiments – Vegemite, honey, peanut butter, tomato sauce
- Freshly ground coffee from Barossa Coffee Roasters
- Nespresso coffee pods
- Barossa Breakfast loose leaf tea blend from Scullery Made and a selection of herbal teas
- The Dairyman farm butter from grass fed Jersey milk
Special dietary requests:
- Vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free products can be supplied on request (24 hrs notice required)
At Stonewell Cottages we include all of the little bits and pieces that are handy and make a difference to your stay – all the little extras that you won’t find at a hotel. You won’t be left longing for a herbal tea bag or a good cup of coffee!
- Your fridge is stocked with generous provisions of fresh local produce for self preparation breakfasts
- There’s an Nespresso machine with a selection of coffee pods for a perfect cuppa!
- You’ll find an enticing tray with a decanter of Peter Lehmann port, Barossa Decadence fudge and Barossa Country handmade biscuits
- Crack a bottle of Barossa wine to help you wind down
- And the perfect match to go with your glass of wine; a cheese and olives sampling plate of Barossa Valley Camembert cheese, Torzi Matthews Barossa olives and crackers
- L’Occitane guest amenities, fluffy bathrobes and candles are provided to relax in the spa
- There’s free Wi-Fi, Netflix for movies and a selection of magazines
- On your verandah is a box of firewood which is topped up daily to ensure you stay toasty warm (wood supplied May – Oct), please read our fire use and safety policy.
- …and there’s even a little container of breakfast for the ducks!
To make your stay extra special, you can choose to add some of our extra indulgences.
Start your stay with a relaxing sunset dinner on the terrace overlooking the lake or a cosy meal next to the fire. Enjoy with the complimentary bottle of Barossa wine provided in your cottage (you'll also find a range of additional wines available to purchase in your cottage).
Extra indulgences available:
- a gourmet regional food platter
- a self-cook BBQ pack
- soup, bread rolls and desserts
- a relaxing in-room massage to melt away those work stresses
- a dozen red roses or a big bunch of favourite flowers for that special occasion
- bike hire for a scenic bike ride to nearby wineries
To organize simply place an order via our Online Shop
The suites and cottages all feature cosy wood fires, relaxing candlelit spa baths and well equipped kitchens. Each are furnished with everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
- Candlelit 2 person spa bath with fluffy bathrobes, bubble bath and L’Occitane personal care products
- Comfy lounge with cosy wood fire (fire in use and wood supplied May – Oct only. Fire not used during total fire ban season (Read our fire use and safety policy)
- Reverse-cycle airconditoner for cooling and heating
- New Samsung 40″ LCD Smart TV with Netflix for movies on demand
- Bose SoundTouch Wireless speaker
- Free Wi-fi
- Comfy new bed for a great night’s sleep
- Stylish, well equipped kitchen with Miele cooktop, all cooking utensils, pots and pans, black granite benchtop, dishwasher and Nespresso coffee machine with plenty of coffee pods supplied
- Hideaway Cottage and Cupid’s Cottage also have an oven and a washer/dryer
Surrounded by distant rolling hills, tranquil water at your doorstep and the ever-changing beauty of the vines, our idyllic location provides peace and privacy, seclusion and space. Here you will find time for yourself to unwind, recharge and reconnect.
- A gaggle of friendly ducks are sure to welcome you as you start your day with a leisurely, breakfast on your private verandah.
- A walk along the pathways around the lake takes you to one of the many spots to sit and relax and study the birds that frequent the lake.
- Take a row around the lake, two row boats are available for guest use at any time.
- Summertime awakens the sleepy yabbies. Yabbie nets are provided for guest use.
- Follow the walking trails around the property. Take a walk to the top of the property at dawn or on dusk to view the family of kangaroos that call the scrub area their home! You will also be rewarded with a stunning view over the property and the Stonewell valley.
- Relax at one of the idyllic picnic spots with outdoor furniture and sun lounges dotted on the lawns around the lake.
- Chill out in the sun with a good book in your private garden with sun lounges.
- Bikes are available for hire to explore the nearby wineries or a ride into town
- Dine alfresco in your private outdoor courtyard with outdoor setting and Weber Q Gas barbeque. Self-cook BBQ packs are available to pre-order.
- Enjoy a Gourmet Regional Food Platter and a glass of Barossa wine, as you watch the setting sun colour the water.
The location, facilities and privacy of Cupid's Cottage exceeded our expectations. It's difficult to find this unique combination. Our positive experience of Stonewell Cottages, Cupid's serenity and Stonewell's care and generosity, has favorably influenced our memories of travel to the Barossa. Many thanks for a real 'taste' of the Valley; Schulz Bacon and Jersey Fresh milk with the cream on top!! My hope is to be able to take some of Cupid's calm and balance back home with me. Well done!